Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Random Thoughts & Snaps...

   The last few days have been a lovely blend of relaxing, creating, relating, experimenting, & working. Here are some of my favorite shots.

We walked to The Orchard in Granchester on Saturday. It's a lovely two mile walk & the weather was perfect. They were out of scones (*sigh*), but we made due with cake.





We've had a few rainy days, but not many. I enjoy them when they come, but I know I'll be singing a different tune in a few weeks. I'm trying to soak up the sun before it disappears for the rest of our time here.


Mum made a chicken pot pie & had a little extra pie crust. I liked it, so I put a bunting on it. =)


A friend came over yesterday & we baked these amazingly delicious raspberry lemon muffins. I'm eating the last one now, & I'm definitely going to make them again. You can find the recipe here.


I bought some flowers at the market to put in my lemonade bottle. They look so happy.




   This week I've also started my senior year of high school! Say WHAT? It's going to be the best year ever! More on that soon.

   I still miss all of you dreadfully, but I do love it here. Is that how most of life is? A mix of joy & pain, of longing & contentment, of questions & thankfulness? 
   Even though all the emotions can be confusing, they are what makes us human. We are aware of our humanity when our hearts ache & our minds spin with tons of emotions. But we are also reminded of God's faithfulness & kindness because His Word tells us to:


Give all your worries & cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
(New Living Translation) 

   He wants us to let Him take on all our crazy emotions. He wants to walk with us, to comfort us, to teach us, & to turn the pain into something beautiful. So will you let Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment