Saturday, July 13, 2013

Of Tea and Wanderings

   I can't believe we've only been gone for five days, it feels like so much longer. We've had a lovely time, but we can't wait to settle into Tyndale house next week. Until then I'll be visiting Oxford & the Cotswolds! (More on that tomorrow.)
   As far as these last two days are concerned, they have been filled with exploring Cambridge, resting, & drinking tea. Here are some random snapshots of Cambridge life.


We had tea (super) at Auntie's Tea Shop yesterday, which was delightful. 


We loved Auntie's last time we were here, so we were excited to go back!



Dad got a traditional English breakfast. This is about as British as it gets folks. 

A Traditional English Breakfast consists of:
  • Toast
  • Fried eggs
  • British sausage 
  • Grilled tomatoes 
  • Baked beans
  • Rashers (British bacon)
  • Hashbrown squares 
  • Various jams and butters

You might also have:
  • Mushrooms
  • Crumpets
And of course it always includes the extremely important:
  • Tea



Lovely little flats (apartments). If our ivy did this I'd sure be happy. 


The whole city is made up of these lovely old buildings.


Bright flowers! 


I went for a walk yesterday in the park that is literally behind our hotel. And there's this big, beautiful, old building off to the side. 


Street view! Very narrow sidewalks & lots of old buildings.


My first bubble tea.

   I went out to the market by myself today (I feel so grown up) & had the best time. I just wandered around, browsing all the jewelry, scarves, cheese, purses, smoothies, & veg. The church bells were ringing, delicious smells floated around, & buskers (street performers) played lively music. I bought a beautiful blue floral scarf & my first bubble tea! I've been wanting to try bubble tea for a while and I really liked it. 
   What I enjoyed most was simply having the freedom to go where I wanted, when I wanted! And walking is so good for you, it gives you extra incentive to shop (like I need it)! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment